The Controller’s Office and Center for Academic and Professional Development (CAPD) are pleased to introduce a new process for paying for hosted events, as well as student, staff, and guest conference, training, and other program fees for events billed by CAPD. Please note, these new processes eliminate the need for FSU departments to complete an ePRF and generate a check in order to pay CAPD with university funds.
Departments who wish to pay for event services offered by CAPD (room/equipment rental, catering, audio/visual support, etc.) will no longer complete an ePRF through Accounts Payable and will instead complete the CAPD Departmental Event Payment form found on the Student Business Services website here. This new form will authorize CAPD to transfer funds directly from your department to cover the cost of services. The new form can be routed to Sponsored Research or the FSU Foundation for approvals as necessary and, once processed by CAPD, will appear as an “SF” journal on your ledger within three business days.
Departments who wish to pay for registrations processed through CAPD will complete the CAPD Student Conference / Event Payment form which can be found on the Student Business Services website here. Rather than request that a check be cut through Accounts Payable, this new form will authorize Student Business Services to transfer funds directly from your department to cover the cost of the conference or event registration. The new form can be routed to Sponsored Research or the FSU Foundation for approvals as necessary and, once processed in Student Business Services, will appear as an “SF” journal on your ledger within three business days.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When is it appropriate to submit each form?
- When students, faculty, staff, or guests register for events billed through the Center for Academic and Professional Development for whom your department wishes to pay., use the Registration Payments
- When your department is paying the Center for Academic and Professional Development for organizational conference services charges such as space rental, audio/visual equipment, etc. use the Event Payments
- Can I pay for more than one customer/event on the form?
- Registration Payments – Yes, the form has room for two customers, but is unique to one event ID. You should fill out one form per event. If you are paying for a large number of participants and do not want to fill out several forms, reach out to Student Business Services at email@example.com for instructions.
- Event Payments – No, the form is event-specific, but does allow you to pay from multiple sources on one form. Questions about splitting payments can be directed to CAPD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do I have to provide the Event ID?
- Registration Payments – No, the Event ID helps to ensure that the correct charge is covered, but as most participants are only enrolled in one event at a time, it is not necessary other than for your records.
- Event Payments – Yes, the Event ID is the primary identifier that will ensure that your payment is applied correctly.
- Where can I find the Event ID on the CAPD invoice?
- The Event ID is found in parenthesis in the bold event title at the top of the invoice. Ex: Trauma & Resilience Professional Certification – Level One-03 (16789). In this example 16789 is the Event ID.
- Can my department pay using an internal, auxiliary purchase order?
- No, at this time CAPD cannot accept internal, auxiliary POs as most of their charges are integrated with Campus Solutions, not OMNI Financials.
Any questions about this process can be directed to Gil Page at email@example.com or 850.645.0918.
Please use the following link for a printable PDF version: CAPD Announcement