Credit Registration Instructions
You must be officially admitted to Florida State University to enroll in academic credit courses.
Follow the instructions below to register for courses.
Step 1: Admission to FSU
Current FSU Students
If you have been enrolled at FSU within the past two semesters, register at StudentsFirst Information Central.
Previously Enrolled FSU Students
If you were previously enrolled at FSU but have not been registered at FSU within the past two semesters and if you are in good academic standing, go to FSU Readmission.
Current Students From Another College or University
If you are currently a student at another college or university and wish to attend FSU as a transient student, go to FSU Non-Degree, Transient, and Readmission Students for information.
If you are not any of the above, you may apply as a non-degree student through CAPD.
(Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
- Read about Non-Degree Student Admissions and Registration Policies – 90k PDF
- Print out and complete these forms and fax or mail them to the CAPD Registrar:
- Non-Degree Student Admission Application – 161k PDF (Updated 2-23-16)
- Residency Form – 232k PDF
- 2015 FSU Health Compliance Information and Forms:
- Health Compliance Information– 629k PDF
- Follow the instructions regarding your Health History and Insurance requirements. Complete and submit the required forms with your admission application. This is not required if you are in an online program, unless you are a resident of Gadsden, Leon or Wakulla counties.
- Course Registration Form 82k PDF
- Note the important payment deadlines and tuition information.
Fax number: (850) 644-3803
FSU Center for Academic & Professional Development
555 W. Pensacola Street
P.O. Box 3061640
Tallahassee, Florida 32306-1640
Step 2: FSU ID/Email/Card
Generation of your FSUID and Email Account
Each member of the University community, whether faculty, staff, or student, is required to generate an FSUID. Students will find their FSUID provides convenient access to their course websites and other secure FSU applications (for example, Online Billing and Online Registration). It also includes your official email address, which the University uses for all communication to you. You are also responsible for checking your email address frequently.
If you have submitted your admission application to the Center for Academic and Professional Development for processing, we will initiate your FSUID Registration. You will receive an acceptance email message that contains instructions on how to activate your permanent FSUID account and set your password. The email will also contain your EMPLID number which is a unique nine-digit identifier. You may disregard the instructions to proceed to complete the application and pay your application fee, which is directed to regular students. Write down your FSU email address, username, password and EMPLID and keep them in a safe place. To prevent this email from being blocked or flagged as spam, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your antispam or contact list. If you are unable to find the email, you may go to https://apps.oti.fsu.edu/CreateFSUID/Activation.html to activate your FSUID. If you still are unable to activate your FSUID, please contact the ITS Service Desk at 850-644-HELP (4357) or fill out the ITS Service Desk Case Email Form (http://servicecenter.fsu.edu/Login-HELP/Case-Email-Form).
Request an FSU Card
Your official identification is your FSUCard, which you will use throughout your tenure at FSU. There is no initial card fee for the first FSUCard you receive. Rather, there is a recurring $5 semester term fee issued every spring and fall semester.
- If you live within Leon, Gadsden, and Wakulla counties, you must obtain your FSUCard in person from the FSUCard Center, which is located on the FSU main campus. Be certain to bring a government issued photo ID with you such as a valid driver’s license, Florida ID, military ID, or passport.
FSUCard Center, Tallahassee Main Campus
FSU Parking Garage
Corner of W. Call Street and Woodward Avenue
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4112
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Step 3: Registration for Courses
Once you have been notified of your admission and have your e-mail account, register at the Office of the Registrar. Check for your enrollment appointment.
Step 4: Tuition Payment
There are 2 ways to pay your FSU tuition and fees:
- Pay on-line at Online Fee Payment at FSU
- Pay by mail: Mail your registration form with a check to:
Florida State University
Center for Academic & Professional Development
555 W. Pensacola Street
P.O. Box 3061640
Tallahassee, FL 32306-1640